Hi lovely Reader, 
My name is Kyla. I’m a girl in her twenties who’s learning how to navigate life, grow into the person I want to be, and find little ways to improve my life along the way. And while I’m figuring it all out, I thought, why not share what I learn with anyone who happens to be reading?
I think our twenties can feel so chaotic because we’re still figuring out how to handle all the hurdles that life continues to throw at us. A lot of the time, it feels like I can never catch a break.
Somehow, the media portrays our twenties as this big, exciting adventure—and don’t get me wrong, it definitely can be at times. But you can’t tell me there isn’t at least one thing stressing you out at night to the point where it keeps you awake.
And that stress can come from anything—relationships, school, work, money, family, or simply trying to figure out what you’re doing with your life.
Sometimes the stress of life can stop you from pouring into yourself and make us forget the importance of being around those who pour back into us as well. What do I mean by pouring back into yourself? I mean doing things that bring peace to not only your body but also your mind. This can be done by doing the following:
LOVE YOUR BODY! Spend time doing Something that benefits your body! I love going to the gym and working out, but recently I've been In my Yoga Girl era.
GO OUT & TREAT YOURSELF! It's good to
celebrate your accomplishments when they come along.
Not only that, but DANG! Does it feel good to
walk out of a store with something you like.
GIRL TIME IS A MUST! Surrounding ourselves
with good friends, for these connections are
what help us flourish and grow, another perspective,
but also allowing us to share our own.
SELF-CARE! Now self-care can be versatile; it could include washing your face, doing a face mask, journaling,
drinking a cup of tea, or reading. Anything that involves you calming your nervous system.
TIME WITH GOD! As a girly attempting
to become a woman in Christ, I have
grown to understand the importance of
spending time with God. Not only to
strengthen our relationship but to also
constantly remind me of the kind of
person I want to be.
These small intentional habits make life a bit lighter and give my body the needed reset to be able to face the day. Sometimes the smallest things can keep us from going downhill; it's all about finding out what benefits your body and what doesn't. Let me know what other habits you implement into your life to stay soft. Remember that you are loved dear reader.
With Love, K.
No comments:
Post a Comment