My dear lovely reader,
It's September 1st in York New City!! For those who don't catch the reference, it’s from
Hunter x Hunter, an anime series! How has your day been, lovely reader? Lately, I’ve been feeling like there are never quite enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do. Between going to school, running errands, and trying to carve out a little free time for the hobbies I enjoy, it sometimes feels impossible to fit everything in without feeling rushed. I want to be able to enjoy each part of my day without constantly thinking about what I need to do next. Since school has started, I’ve been trying to find a healthy balance, but these past few days I feel like I’ve been falling short, and that's been frustrating. It’s especially hard when those moments of self-doubt creep in, and I start asking myself, “Am I really capable of doing this? Can I actually make this happen?” I can’t lie, I have these thoughts a lot, especially as I’ve gotten older. I’ve started to realize that our actions can only be blamed on our upbringing for so long. Eventually, we reach an age where we become responsible for our own actions, our reactions, and even how we choose to view the world. At some point, it becomes less about how the adults around us shaped us and more about what we decide to do when it becomes our turn to grow. We have to take responsibility for the kind of person we want to become instead of continuing to rely on other people to shape us for us. That doesn’t mean we can’t still listen to the advice of the people around us, because of course we can. But let’s be real—there comes a point when we all stop accepting certain advice simply because it no longer aligns with what we believe is right for our own lives. As a woman who believes in Christ, I strive to embody the lord the way he calls us to embody him, and I think one of my biggest reminders when I want to give up is Galatians 6:9 says, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap the harvest if we do not give up.” This verse speaks to me because it acknowledges that there will be moments when we question what we are doing, especially when we are trying to walk the path God has laid out for us. There may even be times when we reach a point where we ask ourselves, “What am I doing this for?” But the Lord reminds us that our consistency is seen and that, in time, it will be rewarded. In neuroscience, it's taught that repetition and consistency pay off. Why? Because the more we practice something, the stronger that neural pathway becomes, allowing it to become easier for the brain to recall whatever we are putting into practice. Eventually, what once felt confusing or frustrating starts to feel natural. We gain confidence, we stop second-guessing ourselves as much, and the very thing that once felt difficult begins to flow more easily. These teachings are what keep me going and remind me not to give up in these times of self-doubt. I hope I can come back with a better update on how I'm managing life!
Much love, my lovely reader. ♡
i caught the hunter x hunter ref dw ;)
ReplyDelete