Womanhood is so beautiful. It’s the process of slowly evolving from the girl who once dreamed about the life she wanted into the woman who is now tasked with making those dreams come true. It’s stepping into the shoes you once imagined for yourself, creating the peaceful life you always yearned for, and becoming the woman you promised yourself you would be when you finally reached a certain age. Womanhood is prevailing even when it feels like your plate keeps getting fuller and fuller. It’s learning to appreciate the balance between the things you must do to keep going and the things that inspire you to continue moving forward.
I’m turning 21 this year, and I’ve experienced some of the craziest internal changes in my identity. I’m still navigating them now, constantly having moments where I think, This feels new. This feels right. But then, almost immediately, another part of me wonders, Am I really making the right decision? Am I portraying the woman I want to be? Am I carrying myself with poise? Am I reflecting my beliefs? There are so many questions that run through my mind throughout the day about who I am and the person I’m becoming. And I think I make such a big deal out of it because I know I’ll never be 21 again. There’s something about knowing you only get to experience this version of yourself once that makes you want to get everything right.
But writing this, I'm realizing that's where I'm getting it wrong. What matters most is the now—who I choose to be today and how I choose to move forward tomorrow. I don’t have to have every part of myself figured out just because I’ve reached a certain age. I don’t have to already be THE WOMAN I’ve always imagined becoming. I’m realizing that becoming her is the journey. Maybe womanhood isn’t about finally arriving at the woman you dreamed of being. Maybe it’s about meeting her little by little, through every decision, every mistake, every lesson, every change, and every season of life. I’m still slowly becoming her. And honestly, I think there’s something beautiful about that.
Ever since I made my Bedtime Basket/Pouch, my night routines have become so much more relaxing. Not only has it helped improve my sleep, but it has also helped me get more in tune with my feminine side, which I am absolutely loving. These past few nights, I’ve been trying to solidify my nighttime routine so that when school starts, my body already knows what to do—and I’m not staying up past midnight scrolling on TikTok. My night routine has been pretty simple. I start with a shower, then go ahead and do my skincare routine. Once I’m done, I moisturize my body, take my magnesium and medication, and then get into bed and read until I start feeling sleepy.
But last night, I decided to try the trending hair rollers I’ve been seeing all over TikTok! I ordered them a few days ago, and they finally came in, so I figured… why not give them a try? I left them in all night and even kept them in for most of the morning. When I finally took them out, they looked STUNNING! I definitely want to try them again when my hair is semi-wet because, when I put my hair into the rollers this time, it was completely dry and already a little frizzy. I’m curious to see how much of a difference it makes! So, when I try them again, I’ll definitely be back with an update on how they turned out!
With love, K.

No comments:
Post a Comment